August 1st, 2013, 14:17 Posted By: wraggster
A new WIP Version of MEKA has been released.
MEKA 0.80 in the horizon...
MEKA is currently being ported to the Allegro 5 framework and the entire sound engine was rewritten from stratch, hopefully fixing the audio issues that many people had and allowing sound to work properly under GNU/Linux. It is still a bit early to release a build qualified as "stable", but check the WIP repository for latest test builds! Help us bring MEKA back to the top
MEKA - ChangeLog
Note: for a more developer/hacker centric ChangeLog, download
source code and refer to HISTORY.TXT file.
MEKA 0.80 WIP
May 28, 2011 10:34 pm
Fixed a lot of more bugs.
- sound (completely disabled now)
- proper sync (i think it just wait for vsync)
- various video/blitter settings
Its a bit early but i would be happy if some people would be interested in checking out the code and giving it a try.
I forgot to mention above that NASM is still required to compile under Windows. I am considering including it in the package to simplify deployment.
Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm
New executable (unzip over previous build full install), i only fixed joystick mapping and running MEKA from the command-line from another directory.
(off-topic: I have now moved all my collection from France to England, sorting it out will keep me busy for a bit)
Jul 26, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
I couldn´t work on MEKA much last month but here´s a build with minor changes.
- Fixed mapping of ´.´ key.
- You can close the SOUND DEBUG window.
- Fixed Up/Down keys not working in the debugger.
- Increased joystick dead-zone, can you guys check if it fixes your joystick mapping issue?
- Filebrowser: backspace is a shortcut to get to parent directory, and when getting to parent directory the last directory is automatically set as current selection.
- Minor other fixes i can´t recall.
- Various sources fixes for GNU/Linux compilation (untested).
Aug 21, 2011 6:14 pm
Attached a new build
- Updated meka.nam with lots of stuff.
- Fixed ABOUT box crashing.
- Fixed rendering when VDP display is disabled and backdrop color rendering.
- Early TilemapViewer support for video mode 2 used by SG-1000 games, etc.
- Fixed a glitches in FileBrowser when using the mouse to open the ".." directory.
- Fixed light phaser hit position in game mode.
- SMS/GG ROM images smaller than 48KB default to using no mapper.
- Added support for variant of MSX-based Korean 8KB mapper used by Nemesis.
*EDIT* Build updated with a minor fix.
Jan 14, 2012 9:47 pm
Since 2011/11/06 build
- Linux portability patches
- Added Polish language [thr]
- Fixed accent in European languages
- Debugger: added support for SJASM and TASM symbol formats.
- Updated checksum and compatibility list
- Filebrowser: display a JP flag on JP/KR or JP/TW releases in database.
Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
This version adds support for breakpoints specified given a ROM address. It reverse map the CPU address automaitcally to find out if an accessed address match a ROM address.
Because I had to change quite a few things in the breakpoint system I am wondering if I may have broken any other features in breakpoint. Please let me knw if you find anything.
- It should work with every mappers (hopefully).
- ROM breakpoints are slower to evaluate than regular CPU space breakpoints.
- The little ´!´ mark denoting a breakpoint in the interactive disassembly is not supported yet for ROM breakpoints.
- Symbols exported by WLA including a bank specification are always converted to CPU space address when parsing. I would like eventually to detect it when parsing a symbol in the context of a ROM breakpoint so that "b rom symbolsomewherefarinrom" would work. However my guess is that ROM breakpoints are mainly useful for reverse engineering and not much for development so it doesn´t feel like a priority.
2012 2:37 pm
This is a fix of the build above (there was a crash under certain conditions using the ROM breakpoints functionalities).
I also added a new "STACK" command which display stack memory in a way to help visualize return addresses or other values.
Feb 16, 2012 12:39 am
This build adds support for about ~15 new dumps that should be released within the month.
Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm
Changes since the 05/05 build:
- Updated checksum and compatibility lists.
- Updated Dutch translation
- TilemapViewer: better support for graphics mode 2.
- TilemapViewer: support for 256x256 tilemap used in PAL/SECAM wide screen mode.
- Debugger: Added a "Reload Symbols" menu option.
- Fixed Sports Pad emulation (it´s still quite tedious to use but it works).
- Configuration file is created early on startup if missing (because Unix/Mac builds have no interactive setup).
- Lots of code cleanup and portability/compilation fixes.
Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm
Changes since the Dec 16 build:
- Fixed broken parsing of meka.pat
- CheatFinder: removed "reduce" button and streamlined interface.
- Debugger: Disassembler decode labels in ´RST xx´ instructions.
- Debugger: Added VARS command ("Variables") to display content pointed by symbols in RAM.
- MemoryEditor: fixed display of address when number of columns is not 16.
- Updated checksum and compatibility lists.
- Debugger: Referring to a symbol using with the : prefix (in the form ":xxxx") returns the ROM address instead of the CPU address.
- Debugger: Better support for 24-bits constants.
Jul 23, 2013 11:58 am
- Updated from Allegro 5.0.2 to 5.0.9 - I think this made the package bigger so also I compiled and packaged this one from my work computer so there may be other things involved. Let me know if this is working better!
- Fixed :label rom address calculation (thanks Calindro).
Jul 24, 2013
- Disassembler decode symbols given their full ROM bank mapping (if bank information is provided by symbol file).
- Debugger is always available at runtime. Obsoleted /DEBUG command-line parameter.
- Tidied up menu entries. Menus are now displaying shortcuts.
Discontinued ALT+P (=F12) and CTRL+X (=F10) shortcuts.
- Including Allegro binaries in repository, it should now be possible to compile the Windows version with Visual Studio 2008 with zero configuration step
- Added a batch script ´tools/dist_bin_win32.bat´ to create binary Win32 package in one step, including UPX and ZIP tools in repository.
Jul 25, 2013
- Fixed disassembly view from showing symbols not at PC position.
- GUI: Fixed checks position in menus.
- Text input : Pressing DEL key in a text input box delete the character ahead of cursor.
- Text input : fixed losing cursor when getting out of bound using Right arrow.
MEKA 0.74 WIP xxxxxxxx
- (Win32) Updated project file to Visual Studio 2008 format + compilation fixes.
- (Win32) Updated Allegro library to 4.2.3 (using precompiled binary from ´allegro-msvc9-4.2.3´).
- (Win32) Updated LibPNG library to 1.2.8 (precompiled binary package included in repository).
- (Win32) Including minimal DirectX 7.0 package (precompiled binary package ´dx70_min´ included in repository)
because newer DirectX SDK tends to cause problem with 4.2.x Allegro branches.
- Fixed the ´:´ (colon) key not working on Sega Keyboard emulation under certain host keyboard/OS configuration. [Omar]
- Added Taiwanese flag (for DB and File Browser). [Omar]
- Added and modified entries in the checksum and compatibility lists. [Omar]
Some particular renaming includes:
SMS - 84665648 - Great Soccer (JP) [Hack] --> Great Soccer (TW)
SMS - 656d1a3e - Hokuto no Ken [BAD] (CH) --> Hokuto no Ken (TW) [Hack] (the "bad" data is on the original cart, but this version has additional modifications)
SMS - 69538469 - Monopoly [A] --> Monopoly (US)
SMS - 026d94a4 - Monopoly [B] --> Monopoly (EU)
SMS - 311d2863 - Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] [A] --> Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] (US)
SMS - 45f058d6 - Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] [B] --> Prince of Persia [SMS-GG] (EU)
SMS - 01686d67 - Suho Cheonsa (KR) --> Suho Jeonsa (KR)
SG1 - 868419b5 - Champion Golf [A] --> Champion Golf [cart]
SG1 - 5a904122 - Champion Golf [B] --> Champion Golf [card]
SG1 - fdc095bc - Doki Doki Penguin Land (HK) --> Doki Doki Penguin Land (TW)
SG1 - 60f30138 - Dragon Wang [B] --> Dragon Wang [v0]
SG1 - 7c7d4397 - Dragon Wang (TW) --> Dragon Wang [v0] [chinese logo] (TW) (because a second Taiwanese version exists)
SG1 - 99c3de21 - Dragon Wang [A] --> Dragon Wang [v1]
SG1 - bd24d27b - Flicky --> Flicky [v0]
SG1 - 191ffe0a - GP World [A] --> GP World [v1]
SG1 - 191ffe0a - GP World [B] --> GP World [v0]
SG1 - 6d909857 - Mahjong --> Mahjong [small 1983]
SG1 - 8572d73a - Monaco GP [24k] --> Monaco GP [24k] [v0] [40k map]
SG1 - da2d57f3 - Monaco GP [32k] --> Monaco GP [32k] [v1] (provision for newly found [v2] build).
SG1 - 37fca2eb - Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [A] --> Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [v0] (dumps and versionning finally confirmed)
SG1 - 3db74761 - Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [B] --> Pitfall II ~The Lost Caverns~ [v1]
SG1 - 160535c5 - Wonder Boy [A] --> Wonder Boy [v0]
OMV - 90160849 - James Bond 007 --> 007 James Bond
GG - f85a8ce8 - 5 in 1 Fun Pak --> 5 in One Fun Pak
GG - a6bf865e - Beavis and Butt-Head (MTV´s) --> Beavis and Butt-Head (MTV´s)
GG - 3858f14f - Beavis and Butt-head (MTV´s) (US) --> Beavis and Butt-head (MTV´s) (US)
GG - 03d28eab - Crayon Shin-chan - Taiketsu! Tankam..--> Crayon Shin-chan - Taiketsu! Kantamu Panic!! (JP) (embarassing typo)
GG - 7ec95282 - Madoh Monogatari A [...] Bake~shon --> Madoh Monogatari A - Doki Doki Vacation (JP)
GG - 4e279baa - PGA TOUR Golf 2 --> PGA TOUR Golf II
GG - 786dd67b - Skweek (JP) --> Skweek [BAD] (JP)
GG - 88618afa - Tails´ Sky Patrol (JP) --> Tails´ Skypatrol (JP)
GG - e678f264 - Yogi Bear [Proto] --> Yogi Bear in Yogi Bears Goldrush [Proto]
Other smaller changes not recorded, please refer to meka.nam SVN history for exact changes.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here