July 28th, 2014, 23:17 Posted By: wraggster
DGen v1.33 is compiled. DGen/SDL is a free, open source emulator for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive systems. DGen isn't the best Mega Drive/Genesis emulator out there, but it works and it's probably the most portable. It's also perfect for command‐line freaks.
- Game Genie/Hex codes support
- PAL/NTSC, fullscreen modes
- Joypad / joystick support
- OpenGL textured video output
- Portable (64‐bit, endian safe), runs in Windows using MinGW
- Screenshots, demos recording and playback
- Musashi and StarScream (x86‐only) CPU cores
- CZ80 and MZ80 (generic and x86‐only versions)
- 16‐bit, 8000 to 48000Hz sound output
- Support for 8, 15, 16, 24 and 32 bpp modes
- Archived/compressed ROMs support
- M68K debugger (contributed by Edd Barrett)
- hqx and scale2x scaling filters
DGen v1.33 Changelog:
* Joystick hat is now handled correctly.
* Added bindings to switch between previous/next save slots.
* Fixed joystick calibration issues.
* Fixed ROM corruption when using Musashi. ROM was not actually read-only.
* Fixed support for overlapping save RAM and ROM areas.
* When only Musashi is compiled-in, ROM is not byteswapped anymore to
* Disabled automatic ROM checksum fix as it prevents a few ROMs from
working correctly. Can still be done manually.
* Debugger: fixed Musashi disassembler to avoid truncating values read
* Debugger: removed dependency on Musashi. Debugger support can now be
enabled without it, but it won't be able to disassemble M68K code when
* Debugger: M68K debugging is now supported by all M68K cores (Musashi,
StarScream and Cyclone).
* Debugger: fixed Z80 endianness issue when displaying registers.
* Improved Z80 BUSREQ/RESET IO read emulation to fix a few games that rely on
prefetched PC data when reading these addresses.
* Implemented word (16 bit) memory callbacks for CZ80 to improve performance.
* Debugger: integrated dZ80, a Z80 disassembler.
* Fixed interrupt mode 0 in CZ80, fixes sound issues in a few games.
* Debugger: added full Z80 debugging support. It is supported by all Z80
cores (MZ80, CZ80 and DrZ80).
* Fixed CPU dump/restore routines which caused games to crash when switching
between CPU emulators.
* Fixed DrZ80 documentation about its Z80 state structure. Modified DGen
accordingly to solve dump/restore issues.
* Replaced bool_opengl_aspect with bool_aspect, which also forces scaling
by the same amount in both directions.
* Merged scaling and pre/postscale filters APIs. Crap TV filters and scalers
(scale2x, hqx) now use a similar API. Makes things a lot simpler.
* Added "stretch" filter to replace the basic scaler. As its name suggests,
this filter can stretch the picture to fit the window size and is as fast
as its predecessor. Useful when OpenGL cannot be used.
* Since filters can be stacked, added two combinations: scale2x + stretch and
hqx + stretch. Obviously slower than scale2x or hqx alone, but allows
picture to fit the entire window while looking nicer than simply
* Refactored screen initialization, window size is now completely free and
never modified by DGen/SDL (except during init).
* Disabled save/restore when no ROM is loaded.
* Added config_save and config_load commands.
* Calibration screen is not a CTV filter anymore and is always available.
* Added preliminary support for Sega Pico.
* Added VGM dumping functionality (vgmdump command).
* Fixed DAC data type for Cyclone (distorted sound due to improper type
* Improved DAC rendering for much better sound quality (try Tiido's Tempo
Theme ROM). The default sound rate is now 44100Hz instead of 22050Hz.
* Added missing YM2612 and DAC information to save states.
* Fixed pbm2df issues on Windows by open files in text mode.
* Fixed bind_* commands to run only once.
* Added support for key/joystick button combinations bindings. In short,
pressing several buttons simultaneously to execute a command (such as
quitting DGen/SDL) is now supported. See documentation.
* Merged stopped and main events loops to remove some redundancy.
* Added standard bindings for Pico pen.
* Added mouse input support. Mouse buttons and axes can be bound like any
other controller (also added mou_* variables similar to joy_* and key_*).
* Fixed sound (re)initialization which sometimes caused sound to stop after
loading a ROM.
* Added various workarounds for fbcon (Linux's framebuffer). A common issue
is screen blinking due to double buffering, now disabled by default.
Inability to run as a normal user due to missing mouse input and hanging
during SDL_SetVideoMode() are also worked around.
* Usual bunch of miscellaneous bugfixes and improvements (libarchive API
update, many compilation warnings and other issues introduced by recent
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here